A Fight Worth Fighting



I grew up feeling like I was never protected. Like I wasn't worth someone standing up for me. Feeling alone. I think that having felt that, I'm crazy (like foaming at the mouth) when it comes to Lizzy.

We have been fighting for Lizzy since the beginning. We had her year five of our marriage and have not stopped. It's exhausting trying to convince people to do the right thing. These kids are forgotten. Throw them in a school room for the day and babysit. I know. All Lizzy ever wants to do is play and snuggle. She isn't trying to run out of the room or hitting kids. She is a very compliant special needs child.

I love that we are teaching our two other children what fighting for her sister looks like. Standing up for what is right and exposing the wrong. Defending the defenseless. Giving a voice to the voiceless. Showing that Lizzy is worthy. Worthy of respect and dignity. In that, they are learning to stand up for themselves.

This has triggered a nerve in many of us. I know that we may feel like it is hopeless and we can't take it all on. Never. When you look at this face, you say " YOU ARE WORTHY" What do we have to lose in this fight?

I hear all of you. I am so sorry for some of your experiences. What some may not understand is the pain and anguish we have daily with our special kids. Having to grieve milestones like a death just to be able to cope with not having it. It's heartbreaking. We get it. We feel your pain. We will fight for all our special kids.

It could be a long process and we have all the time in the world. If having Lizzy has taught us ONE thing, its PATIENCE!!!

God bless each and every one of you. Thank you for every comment and every share. I make sure that I get a notification when you share. I try to acknowledge it immediately just to show appreciation! So thank you.

Lizzy is home for summer vacation and is a happy girl.


Comments

Popular Posts