Thank You

This is for each member of the jury that sat on our case. 
*************************************************************************************
I have thought about you a lot over the years. Knowing that you were the one that would make the decision. I prayed for you when you were chosen. I prayed for you each day we were together. I prayed for you when you listened to us, as a mom and dad of a little girl. I prayed for you as you made your decision. I have prayed for you since that day. 
We can take care of Lizzy for the rest of her life because of the decision you made on April 13, 2005. I am forever grateful to you. You listened. You understood. You loved. You were compassionate. You showed mercy. You validated us. 
I remember walking outside of the courthouse and a car pulling up with arms flailing and tears coming from your eyes. Wanting to touch and hug us. I wish I knew you now. It breaks my heart that we are strangers now. Even now, I sob, wishing I could hug you. I would call you friend. 
You would love Lizzy. She would love you. She is a happy girl. She is so healthy. She hardly ever gets sick. She giggles so much. I wish you could sit with her for just five minutes. 
We don’t know each other now and I understand that and how the mind works. We may be just a memory to you but I remember you. You are apart of our family and I will always be thankful for you. God bless you.

Comments

Popular Posts